As your Essex Wedding Toastmaster and Master of Ceremonies, I am committed through this statement of ethical practices to work to and promote
the highest possible standards of professional conduct.
As a founder member of the English Toastmasters Association, will undertake the following:
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner and perform competently
and to the highest possible standards at all times.
- I will refrain from participating in any alcoholic beverages whilst working
for my clients.
- I will present or supply services honestly and without misrepresentation,
avoiding the use of false, confusing, inaccurate or misleading
terms, descriptions and claims.
- I will earn, establish and maintain a reputation for giving
excellent quality services.
- I will render proper, fair, reasonable and efficient services
to my clients.
- I will deal promptly with any issues and endeavour to make every
client an advocate for my services.
- I will advise every client, as I would wish to be advised, if
I were the client.
- I will make every service a brick in the foundation of confidence,
without which, I would not be permanently successful.
- I recognise that other toastmasters will compete for business
within lawful practice.
- I will refrain from discriminatory practices.
- I will maintain the highest reasonable level of safety for all
- I will undertake training for the development and improvement
of professional standards and practices, on a regular basis.
- I will be responsive to and available for clients before, during
and after the event.
- I will hold adequate public liability insurance. (I am obliged
to provide evidence of such insurance on request and have a £5,000,000
Third Party Liability Insurance).
- I will maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good
name of the English Toastmasters Association® and its membership.
This Code of Ethics is a guideline and does not represent the entire
scope of good conduct and ethical behaviour. My acceptance and adherence
to this Code is my standard practice.